by Gail Damerow
Now available: New Edition of the Best-Selling Classic
Whether you are raising a couple of backyard chickens or a flock of one hundred, here is the only book you need to keep your birds healthy and safe. The revised and updated third edition includes:
– New information on training chickens, including how to understand fowl behavior
– Expanded details on dealing with predators
– Free-range feeding options
– Updated disease section, including information on avian influenza and fowl first aid
– Daily management of laying hens and meat birds
– Guidelines for exhibiting chickens
– Feeder and coop designs
Once you decide to raise chicken you’ll need all the information and advice you can get. Lucky for you, this book is as far as you’ll have to look. Storey’s Guide to Raising Chickens contains everything you need to know, from starting your backyard flock to putting eggs on the table. Easy-to-understand illustrations and text.
There are no reviews yet.